Quinta do Gradil Reserva White
Quinta do Gradil has a long and rich history, which can be traced back in the 18th century. The finest terroir of Lisbon wine region and the experience of the past together with the most advanced technology are reflected in our wines.
António Ventura and Vera Moreira
Chardonnay and Arinto
The finest grapes from Chardonnay and Arinto were hand-picked in the cool of the morning in the second week of September. Grown in clay soils of steeply sloping vineyards. Gently pressed, the free-run juice was fermented in French oak barrels “Allier” for 16 days. Then followed by a process of “battonagesur lies” for 120 days.
This wine reveals an elegant, tight structure which supports layered flavours of lemon, grape-fruit, quince and biscuit. Complexity and a mineral-edged, acid structure. Battonage added delicate creaminess and the French oak underlies the length of the palate.
Best consumed at a temperature of 8ºC, accompanying dishes with poultry or oily fish.
- PAIXÃO PELO VINHO - BEST OF THE YEAR – 17,3 POINTS (2013)
- CONCOURS MONDIAL DE BRUXELLES – SILVER MEDAL (2012)
- INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE - COMMENDED (2012)
- VINHOS ENGARRAFADOS DE LISBOA - SILVER MEDAL (2012)
- WINE ENTHUSIAST - 87 POINTS (2012)